Important Asbestos Facts That you Ought to be Aware Of to Stay Safe and Informed
Asbestos date back to decades ago whereby the fibrous, heat-resistant material was used in America for construction. It goes without mentioning a material that is heat-resistant and fibrous may not be very safe when humans are exposed to it no wonder it has led to a myriad of medical conditions. It is believed there is an over 2 million ton exposure of asbestos to this harmful and life-threatening ingredients. It goes without mentioning such an exposure has brought about very serious facts that are worth mentioning here in a world where exposure to asbestos is inevitable.
The first fact you ought to be aware of when it comes to these harmful ingredients is that they can be found pretty much anywhere. First off, asbestos are present in the moving air that you breath, the soil where crops and vegetation grow as well as in the water. Mines, factories and heaps of wastes are also known to harbor harmful asbestos particles. In all these key areas, it is important to note that exposure to asbestos is common through the air. This justifies the need for thorough asbestos testing in your living spaces to ensure you are safe from these life-threatening and harmful particles.
The other fact you have to be aware of is that exposure to asbestos has been known to cause clubbing of toes and fingers. This is a serious medical condition characterized by the hardening and thickening of the skin beneath and surrounding the fingernails. It is attributed to inefficient supply of oxygen in the blood and as a result the fingers and toes will appear club-like, bulbous and deformed. Should you find anything abnormal with your fingers and toes, it is highly recommended that you seek urgent medical attention. Fact number three on asbestos exposure is that it can lead to cancer. More research is required, but you should know that cancer is a life-threatening condition especially when it is mesothelioma and such like deadly types of cancers. Worst of all is the fact that it can take years and sometimes even decades for cancer symptoms to appear so it is best to be safe than sorry.
A website that documents more on asbestos should mention that this rare building and construction material cannot be broken down into any other chemical. What this means is that asbestos can never be metabolized meaning they cannot also be absorbed in your body. Now you understand why some signs and symptoms may start to show their ugly face sometimes even after 50 years of exposure. Armed with these asbestos facts, you should be in a position to know what to look out for and reasons why you should protect yourself.
Attributed by: this website